Wednesday 20 November 2013

Production Log - Digipaks

This week I have been working on my digipak and poster design and drafting this so it makes it easier when it comes to creating it. In order to do so, I have been looking at many different examples, the different number of CD's I can put in it, the designs etc. As I was used to the basic, front-back-with two CD's format of album covers, this allowed me to get a better understanding of the different forms I could possibly recreate.
After this, I had to begin thinking of a specific design. As my theme of the album, based upon my music video, is all about nostalgia and turning back time, reflection etc I wanted to keep this throughout. So, I decided to create my poster looking like a polaroid picture, linking to the inside of my cover as being lots of different polaroids pegged onto a line. This will instantly inform the audience's that this is what the album will be about and therefore would indicate the type of music involved, typically love/ballad type songs.

My first draft of the digipak was drawn on paper which I then transformed on the computer by using images from the internet as a basis so I have a rough idea of what I am doing. This will ensure that when I take my actual photos for the digipak, as soon as I am done, I can just drop the real, edited pictures into the already made digipak which will make it much easier.

Some of the digipaks below I really liked, especially the cream one as I felt it had quite an authentic look about it which is how I would like mine to look; also, the images and back cover where it tells you the song names, I feel look really effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment