Friday 19 July 2013

Production Log - Kodaline Analysis

This week I have been working on my research tasks that I have to complete. These include further research into music video directors, research into Kodaline themselves and also analysing a music video. These research posts will help me to create my own music video because it will allow me to gain a greater understanding of the music video industry in general rather than just watching different videos and relating to them. For example, researching into music video directors will help me understand the specific styles of each director and what they like to do- then, whilst analysing music videos I will be able to identify these specific elements and relate them to others or clearly see the differences of them.

Whilst researching Kodaline themselves, it also gained me a greater understanding of the way they come to write their music, what inspires them etc. This will help me because I can focus on the lyrics- which they do- and then think of visuals that can relate and support them. As part of my research, I watched many of their videos and also live performances. I came to realise that all of their videos are very well made and they all follow a narrative which mine does so although it is different, it will still link in to their oringinal style. All of the narratives are mainly based upon the different relationships between males and females which again, relates to mine.

Analysing videos also help me within my research, I infact analysed a song by Kodaline - All I Want. This supported the idea of their 'usual' videos as being relationship based and following a narrative. Within their video, at no one moment is there someone miming the lyrics which is the case for a lot of their videos; I will keeping within this style so it is close to that of the actual artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment