Friday 5 July 2013

Production Log - Initial Ideas & Research

5th July 2013 
I have recently began my A2 media studies coursework. For this, we were able to chose a certain style of moving image to create ourselves. I decided to make a music video as I believe I have the right resources to do so. I began by thinking of the different genres and styles of music video I could do and what I have available to me; listed in my resource audit. 

As I attend dancing lessons, I decided to incorporate this into my music video and use others from my dancing classes to help me. I also really liked the style of the 'Annie Lennox - Why' video and wanted to use this idea as well, I therefore came up with the idea of two people getting ready to perform so I can go really over the top on make up and costume. In order to make my music video different to any others, I decided to set it in the 1950s. Moving on from this, I then chose my song. I needed a song that was quite slow and had a very gentle tone so I started looking at acoustic versions of songs. From this I decided 'Kodaline - Love like this acoustic'. 

Before I begin to storyboard my music video, I will create a script. In order to do this I will be using the program Celtx. This program will create a very professional looking script and this will help me get a basic idea of what I'm doing and the overall layout of the video making it easier when I come to create the storyboard. Within this program I will mainly be using: Scene heading, Action, Character, Dialog. This helps me to differentiate between the different sections, again creating a clear layout.

I have also been looking at the different filters I could add onto my video after shooting; this will add to the 1950s style and make it look very authentic and will reinforce the look I am trying to create. In particular I think '70s cinema' and 'GrassyKnoll' will look the best for what I plan to do however I will do a 'practice' shoot to experiment with shots and also the filters to see which will work best.

No comments:

Post a Comment