Saturday 1 February 2014

Production Log: Older lady filmshoot

I have recently conducted a film shoot to get the last bits of footage for my music video. This consisted of filming an older lady as if she were watching the television showing the end performance. For this particular section I had to think very carefully about the mise-en-scene and overall setting as this is what will inform the audience of what's going on. For this, I felt that using my Nan would be the most appropriate as arranging times to film and getting a location would not be difficult. I did not specify on costume/hair/makeup for this section unlike with the first as I did not feel this was vital. The most essential prop was the photograme with the picture of the actor and actress dressing in their 1950s outfits; this would be put in shot so that the audience will make the assumption and see the links between these tying the video together.

I used the Canon 600D camera with the aperture lens as I have for the rest of my music video which will give the same effect.

When it came to editing this footage I found that it was not entirely perfect quality and appeared slightly grainy due to the lack of lighting within the shots. To improve this, I intend to reshoot this section so it is of the same quality as the rest of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment