Friday 13 December 2013

Production Log - Editing & Other ideas

I am currently working on the editing process of my music video as I filmed more footage with my male actor. Both this and the female shoot need to look as if they are the same thing so in order to do this I focussed heavily on creating the same lighting, location, positioning of the actor etc. I then also recreated some previous shots I had made which audience's would be able to link together which will help them to understand that it is all together and they both tie in within eachother.

As with the female footage, any time I dropped in any footage to Premiere, I instantly slowed it down half speed to keep within the pace and style of the song but kept cutting quickly between all the shots. After editing this section, I realised I am nearing to the end of the song and the section I have left may not be enough to show the extent of the dance routine which will be at the end. After filming the dance routine and editing it, I will may have to delete some sections of footage to allow space otherwise it will not meet the full effect that it should.

I have also been considering adding in small clippets of other footage that will reinforce the idea of my music video of turning back time. For example, these may include an old fashioned stop watch going backwards, or 'I love you' being written on a piece of paper and then replayed backwards or a rose dropping a petal, played backwards. I think these may work really effectively as it would break up the footage I already have and create a clearer message.

Whilst editing, I have also been trying out different colours such as having all the footage in black and white, however, I found that I prefer the colour as for example as the female is doing her makeup, the brightness of the red lipstick is completely taken away and doesn't look as intriguing for an audience member.

No comments:

Post a Comment