Thursday 5 December 2013

Production Post - Editing first scene

As I have now filmed the first section of my music video, I am currently in the editing process. I have used Premiere many times during other class projects so this wasn't a problem learning to use the software.



The first draft of my music video wasn't the best as all of the shots were very long. After getting feedback I decided to make it much more choppy even though the actual footage is very slow which creates a nice contrast. This way I can change between shots and go back to different shots which looks more effective than it constantly running. In order to make it like this, I began dropping the footage into different layers allowing me to view the footage a lot easier.

I have also been playing around with the colours of the footage; firstly I changed it to black and white which I wasn't fond about because of the vibrant colours from the makeup, I didn't want to take this away from it. However, I think I will stick to adding a sepia colour over-lay to give it a vintage effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment