Friday 4 October 2013

Production Log - Hair & Makeup Research

This week I have been watching some tutorials on 50s style makeup and hair; this will ensure that when I create my actual music video, I can always refer back to this so I know that it looks as close to typical 50s styling as possible. The specific video I watched and have posted I found really helpful because the styling actually looked like it was from the 50s unlike others I had watched and it also will look good and effective within my music video. After watching this video I decided to try out a hairstyle myself, again, so it is one less thing to worry about when it comes to filming. Another good reason about watching these tutorials so early  is that it gives me enough time to buy any props/makeup/hair products needed. For example, some red lipstick, a heavy black eyeliner, hair ties etc. 




Whilst considering the hair and makeup styling of my actors, I was also thinking about possible costumes whether it being anything I personally owned myself, any past costumes from dancing performances, anything any of my friends owned or material and patterns which would allow me to make something. In the end I think the easiest option will be for my actress to use her own 50s outfit she has as it is easily accessible and I know for definite that it would fit. The styling will be the main element of my music video I need to focus on to ensure it fits within the time period as this will be the main image style and help the audience establish the time it was set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment