Monday 7 October 2013

Production Log - Storyboarding

This week I decided to create a story board for my music video; this will help me whilst shooting. To start with I used a blank storyboard and began by drawing the pictures of each shot myself. In total I had around 40 shots, each with an individual picture and description of the shot e.g. close up high angle/establishing shot etc. I then went through and arrange the timings of each shot with the help of my shot list; I had to picture what the shot would look like and whether the timing was correct which I should hopefully get some feedback for soon.




Blank                                                Storyboard                                       Storyboard

After drawing all of the images for my storyboard I scanned these into the computer so I had all eight documents into a folder and dropped them into Photoshop. Photoshop then allowed me to cut out each individual image and save it as a separate image so I could then create an animatic. I created my animatic on Adobe Premier which was a good programme as I could then insert all my images and music at once and easily move them around and crop them to the exact timing of the song. I added each image in order to the sequence and changed the timing so it will stay on the screen for the real timing of the music video; this is something I can now always refer back to and then compare with my final music video.


No comments:

Post a Comment