Wednesday 9 October 2013

Production Log - Planning for video

This week I have mainly been focussing on any extra work I could do that will benefit me before filming but isn't within the specification of work we must complete. To start with, rather than creating my album cover straight away I decided to sketch out some possible ideas which I then scanned in. This also gives me a hard copy of ideas that I can always refer back to whilst creating the album cover. I find drawing and writing things out much better for me when doing a project like this however I always ensure that I can upload this somehow so in this case I could scan in my drawings.

I created four different possibilities and even still I am unsure whether I will use any of them; I decided to create two landscape and two portrait. This way it gives me lots of different formats and then I can get audience feedback on what they think will look best- even still, I could create two different versions of the same in my final product. One landscape and one portrait; I would do this because of all the different places you can actually put an advert nowadays such as busstop (portrait) compared to a large billboard down a busy road (landscape) so my advert would accomodate all purposes.

I then decided to create an 'essentials list' whilst filming which I did on Prezi. I split it off into four different sections:
Equipment

Props
Costume
Stylling
This way it is easy to read and see the different elements I will need- I can then refer back to this just before going to film to ensure I have everything as that would be one of the biggest problems for example if I went to film and had forgotten both of the actor's costumes and this would put a big back-lag onto the production of my music video.

Whilst creating my risk assessment this is then something I have considered that I need to make sure I am 100% prepared and ready to film and have everything sorted when I do film or it will not benefit me at all. Because of this chance, I will make checklists for different people such as myself, the crew and also the actors to ensure I have everything I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment