Friday 4 October 2013

Production Log - Shot list

I have mainly focused on my shot list this week- it took quite a long time due to getting the timing correct and thinking of all the different shots I will need. Whilst thinking of the shots to use I wanted to mainly use lots of close ups or extreme close ups; this way, the audience will be able to gain a greater relationship with the characters and therefore sympathise for the female towards the end of the video when they discover the overall message and narrative. 

To begin with, I listened to the song repeatedly and had to work out the specific timings; as the song is quite slow paced, calm and relaxing I am able to create slower, less frequent cuts to fit with the music and the lyrics. Some cuts I have included go up to 10 seconds however, whilst filming I will keep the camera off of the tripod so there are some slight movements so that these cuts don't look too still and rigid. Also, because of the movements of the actors themselves, it will keep the shots interesting and therefore the long shots will be a positive and effective aspect rather than a negative. 


We already had a template of the shot list that we could just fill in but I added in an extra column with I believe will help me whilst shooting of being 'gender'. Within this column I have written whether the shot is male or female or both- this will help me because if I were to do two separate film shoots, one male and one female, I can easily cross it off and make sure I get every shot I need to which may be accidentally missed if I hadn't done it. Also, it will help me to clarify which shot is which; I can easily scroll down and see the female shots and then just read that specific shot information rather than all of them which will save time which is vital whilst conducting a film shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment