Monday 16 September 2013

Equipment

Canon 550D
I will be using this camera to shoot my music video firstly because it is accessible to me through the media department and also because I think it will give me the quality shots that I need/want for my video. Using this camera also means that I can shoot in HD which will be essential for me as I will be creating shots such as spraying a can of hairspray, and if I light it properly then you will be able to see the partciles. Also, I feel comfortable and familiar using this camera after using it for previous media tasks such as my AS coursework creating a magazine. Using this camera I will also be able to easily change the settings to create different depths of focus, I can aim on focussing on different elements of the my actors and also as it is digital, I can store all of the footage on one memory card which I can then easily transfer onto my computer ready to place into Premiere and edit.




 Studio Lighting
I will have access to different forms of lighting I will use in my video- one of which being ones I can set up myself and move around so they are exactly where i'd like them to get the perfect lighting for my shots. These lights will be extrememly helpful as I can move them around as much as I would like to; If I dont like the lighting in a particular shot I can easily move them. Also, in my location of the black box drama studio, there are lights already rigged onto the ceiling and positioned in particular locations. Although I would not be able to move these, I can easily adjust the brightness and position my actress within the lights again to create the best possible shot I can.







Editing Software
After shooting my music video I will need to edit it all together. Luckily, in our media department I have access to a wide range of softwares that I can use which will create easy, simple yet effective editing. Firstly, I will use photoshop or indesign to create my digipak and edit any photos I may have taken. As I have used photoshop multiple times before, I will feel comfortable using this software and and therefore will hopefully get good results from it.



 To edit my actual footage, I will use Adobe Premiere. Again, I have used this programme before and therefore will not waste any time familarising myself with it. It is a very easy programme to drop clips into and edit. I am not the best with adding lots of different effects and movements etc so I think this will suit my purpose perfectly and won't be too complicated.




After editing my music video together, I will use Adobe After Effects to add on a layering over the top to add a hint of colour e.g. sepia/black and white etc. I will be using a more sepia style layering so that it adds to the 1950s style/look I am trying to create within my music video- This will finish off the overall image styling and hopefully look very effective throughout.






How will this help for my music video?
Researching into the equipment will help me because knowing what I will use allows me to familiarise myself with this software and hardware before creating my music video. This way, when it comes to creating my actual video I will know how to use everything and therefore can have a quicker creation process and use the programs/camera etc to the best of their ability to get the best shots and editing techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment