Thursday 5 September 2013

Production Log - Script & Lyrics

I have recently been working on changing my lyric analysis on paper into the script on the programme of Celtx. This programme allows you to add a different 'style' to each bit of text- it lays it all out for you so it looks neat and professional without you having to do anything except flip between them. For example, I added in two scene headings at the top of my document.

1- Love like this - Kodaline
2- Location: Studio

This will make it so much easier for me when creating my actual music video as I know exactly where to film each individual section. Further down in the song, I then created another scene heading to show a change of location:

3- Location: Stage

Also, if anyone were to read my script they would be able to picture the music video step by step with the lyrics next to the action as a whole therefore making it an effective way to get some audience feedback on my initial idea.

I used my lyric analysis and basically typed it all up in much more detail. I worked my way through the lyrics and split to about three lines per section, I think wrote down what each actor will be wearing, what the shots will be like, the positioning of the camera, the lights etc. I did this to ensure I don't miss any details when creating my shot list, also, I can now print my script and use it whilst filming as an extra guide and help if I get stuck. For the beginning and the end, as there are two instrumentals I described in heavy detail due to the fact there are no lyrics to support it.

 
This is the layout of the script which will make it so much easier to follow whilst shooting as I can follow it shot by shot in regards to the music and lyrics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment