Tuesday 3 September 2013

Production Log - Location Ideas

Recently I have been thinking about different locations as to where I can film my music video that would accessible at all times for me; for my particular music video I would need a studio and then a performance area/stage. As I do many performances myself I believe this would be quite easy and also there are lots of local facilities available.

1- The Windmill Studio Centre

This location has an extremely big studio which also has lights inside. As this is where I attend dancing lessons it would be a good location however, I think it is too light for the style I am going for. As all of the walls are white, it generally is very bright and would prefer something much darker so I can play around with the big lights to create the exact lighting I want.


2- The Beck Theatre, The Compass Theatre and Winston Churchill Hall
 All of these three locations would be perfect for my music video, especially the shots from the back of the stage showing the empty auditorium- all of which are very big so would make the shot look very effective. Also, all three venues include dressing rooms which would look better for the shots whilst the actors are getting ready as the mirror would have lights around the edge which would reinforce the image itself. However, as these are all public venues that are used professionally, it would be very costly for me to hire it out unless I shared it with another pupil which isn't always possible. So, based on the hire cost I don't think either of these venues would be right for my music video.
 
 
3- Youth Centres
Within the local area there are many youth centres, some of which have dance studios in. This would be ideal as there would be no high cost as it's open to all young people, also, as there is no equipment e.g. lighting, I would be able to take my own in and light it the way I would like too to get the best possible shot. However, similarly to the Windmill Studio Centre, they tend to be painted white and therefore are two bright and would not work with my aim and idea.

 
4- I think that the best place for me to film my music video at the moment, unless another venue is found, would be the school drama studio. Although it is not completely kitted out with equipment of a professional studio, it is a black box studio which is ideal for me. Also, it is available whenever I need it, that way i'm not tied down to particular times and can wait until I have sorted out every tiny detail and not worry about the venue. Similarly, I will also be able to use the hall as it includes a stage and chairs so it is very similar to an auditorium. If lighted correctly, I think I will be able to create a good look on the video so it looks like a real theatre and therefore no hire charges would be paid. Likewise to the drama studio, it is available at all times for me to use so there will be no problem.
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment