Monday 2 September 2013

Videos I admire

The majority of Kodaline's videos are very meaningful and they follow a story; these are the sort of videos that I like to watch rather than just ones of bands performing. I think that ones with a story, the band obviously focus heavily on the lyrics and making sure they are perfect- they also can make you as an audience member relate to them making you feel more involved and a part of the video. I chose to do a story line video mainly for these reasons but also to fit in with the style of Kodaline and their video choices. 'All I Want' by Kodaline is also another very good video that follows a storyline.



As a dancer myself, I also like to watch videos that have performances in them, normally pop songs by artists such as BeyoncĂ©, Jessie J and Rihanna. Breathe Slow by Alesha Dixon shows  her performing in a studio with a ballet bar; as this is something that I can relate to it's something I would enjoy watching however this would obviously differ from person to person. Also, I like the way that this video is in black and white rather than colour- it gives it a more authentic look which is what I would like to do with my own to set the time period. As not many music videos tend to add an after-effect of a colour overlay, it would ensure it stands out making it different from the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment